American Spaniel for Sale
The American Brittany Spaniel is a compact, closely knit dog of medium size, between 25 to 40 pounds and from 17½ to 20½ inches at the shoulder. This leggy dog can cover ground with great agility... is strong, vigorous, energetic, and quick of movement with unconditional love.
Brittany’s assets are...
- Colors are orange and white or liver and white with either clear or roan patterns
- Short tail which can be either natural or docked
- Not a heavily coated dog, but lightly fringed with enough coat for protection from briars but not enough to catch burrs to any great extent
- Great companion, family, and hunting dog
- Small size adapts easily to vehicle transport
- Works in the same manner as a pointer... points and holds its’ game and retrieves both on land and in water. They are used primarily on upland game in the United States... and used on both fur and feather in France.
- Has a typical friendly disposition and is very willing to please its master to absorb training more easily needing only a sharp scolding or slight punishment. The natural ability of the Brittany sells him/her as a breed to many neophytes in the field of hunting as he/she seems to know better what to do than its master.
- Gains its admirers from excellent working ability with shorter range and becoming more popular as hunting becomes limited to smaller fields with more fences. The exceptional nose, which guarantees that the Brittany will pass up few birds, also helps account for popularity.
We are affiliated with The American Brittany Club, Inc. (ABC), which is a member club of the American Kennel Club (AKC) and the recognized breed sponsor by the American Field plus United Kennel Club and NAVDA registrations.