Stump, Sussex Spaniel
Wenig/AP is about to fall in love with Stump - the adorable, droopy-eyed spaniel who wowed the crowd at Westminster and became the oldest Best in Show winner in dog show history.
Stump proved an old dog can still pull off some new tricks - and he can count at least one fellow senior among his biggest fans: Dr. Ruth Westheimer. The celebrated sex therapist was in the stands at Madison Square Garden for the competition Tuesday night.
"When I found out he was the oldest to win, I was so happy. I'm 80, and he's 70 in dog years, " she said.
1. His official name is Ch. Clussexx Three D Grinchy Glee
2. He was born is Dec. 1, 1998
3. He is named "Stump" ... because he has stubby legs, is brown and resembles a tree stump
4. He has sired pups named Root, Forest and Myrtle
5. His favorite chew toy is a plush Grinch doll
6. He weighs about 50 pounds
8. He didn't train at all for his return to the ring
9. He is the oldest dog ever to win Westminster, that title was previously held by the 1999 winner, an 8-year-old Papillon
10. The Westminster show was his 51st career best in show win
Stump is in fabulous shape for his age and will travel the dog world circuit just like the younger pups who've held the best in show title.